Roy Sleep Medicine is the only sleep clinic that employs sleep physicians board certified in Sleep Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics. A comprehensive sleep evaluation with family-oriented, compassionate care is standard practice from Dr. Roy and his team.
Our team will go out of our way to make sure your needs are accommodated and your experience at Roy Sleep Medicine is rewarding. We don’t use silly catch phrases or empty promises to help lure you into our office. We offer detailed evaluation of your sleep concerns and proven treatment methods for a broad variety of sleep disorders. Our team of Sleep Medicine specialists strive to improve your quality of life through better sleep!
How do I make an appointment?
You may schedule an appointment by calling any of our convenient locations in Huntsville, Madison, or Decatur at (256) 213-1800.
You may also request an appointment via our online request form.
Planning for your first visit
Prior to your appointment you will receive an email or text from Phreesia.net, requesting that you complete your New Patient Interview. This online check-in system is convenient and has been added to improve your patient experience. Completing this prior to your appointment will reduce the wait time in our office.
If you do not receive this email or text message prior at least 48 hours prior your appointment, please call our office so that they may verify your contact information and resend this important request.
In addition, RSM asks that you bring the following to your first appointment:
* Your spouse or bed-partner. It has been shown that we are poor prognosticators of our own sleepiness. Frequently, your spouse or bed-partner knows far more than you do about what you may do during sleep.
* Your current insurance card(s) and a photo ID.
* Copies of all previous sleep studies
* If you have been previously treated for sleep apnea and currently use a CPAP, please bring your equipment
* Children must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian for their first appointment. Insurance cards that cover the child and photo ID (for the parent / guardian) must be available. If someone other than the parent is present, proper legal documentation must be brought to the appointment that designates authority to determine medical care for the child.
* If your insurance coverage requires a Prior Authorization for sleep evaluation please arrange for this prior to your appointment.
What happens during your first visit?
During your first visit, you’ll meet with Dr. Roy to discuss your sleep problems. After gathering information about your medical history and conducting a thorough sleep-oriented physical exam, Dr. Roy will discuss your sleep history and sleep-related symptoms to gain a better understanding of your concerns. Dr. Roy is known throughout the community for his open, family-centered communication, his genuine compassion, and heartfelt warmth.
Based upon your symptoms, Dr. Roy may recommend an overnight sleep study to determine your sleep disorder and decide on the appropriate course of treatment.
What if I have questions?
General questions can be answered by calling any of our offices above. Billing questions can be answered by calling 1-855-351-5914.